Monday, April 18, 2016

Hello from Pasco! (for the 3rd time)

Hello from Pasco! (for the 3rd time)

Elder Torgersen and I have had a great week. It's only been five or six days into the transfer, and we have had a lot of great things happen already. Five investigators came to church! The Plumbs, the Morfins, and Frank and Jasmine! The Plumb family has been investigating for a few weeks. Brother Plumb is a less-active member, and he and his non-member wife both want to come to church. We've been working with Sister Plumb to quit coffee, but other than that, they are doing so well! The Morfins are another part-member family who have a nine-year old, Erica, who is ready to be baptized. Frank and Jasmine, a young couple who are living with Jasmine's grandma, who is a member, came as well. 

There are so many good things happening in the Pasco 9th ward! This ward has had a great history of being on fire with missionary work, and they are still on fire. We have been able to involve members in a lot of what we have been doing, especially in bringing investigators to church. The wards here in Pasco North have so much potential to help people progress and to find new investigators. 

Elder Torgersen is a great missionary. He talks to everyone, is obedient, and is so willing to serve and help anyone out. We have been able to do a lot of on-the-spot service and we have a lot planned for this coming week because Elder Torgersen just keeps asking people and is sincere when he asks. I've learned a lot from him already about loving people, and really desiring their salvation. 

I have spend much more time this past week in chapter 3 of PMG, which has been incredible. There is so much to find there. Since transfer day on Wednesday, I have spent at least 30-45 minutes in chapter three everyday except one. And I have probably learned more in my personal study this past week than many other weeks where I haven't been as diligent in studying the doctrine. Over the course of my mission, I have truly come to love Preach My Gospel and the scriptures. They are wonderful. This morning, I spent about 15 minutes answering the question "what do I love about my mission?" in my study journal. I felt the Spirit very powerfully as I completed my list with "I love my Savior" and "I love my Father." As I wrote those down, I thought of a line in PMG on page 151 that says "your attitude toward your mission experience is a reflection of your love for your Heavenly Father and His Son, and your respect for the priesthood." It was an amazing reminder about how much this gospel and my experience as a missionary means to me. 

Overall, I'm doing well, Elder Torgersen in doing well, our area has some amazing things happening, our investigators are progressing and coming to church, and the Church is true!

Love, Elder Plehn

No comments:

Post a Comment