Monday, September 21, 2015

Christ is The Reason (CTR)

This week has been great! In district council we were discussing some things that we could do to improve and serve more as the Savior serves, and one of the things we wanted to do better on was church tours. We had a fantastic church tour with an investigator named Honey. The Spirit was extremely strong, and everyone there felt it. We brought two members, and they really brought a lot to the tour. Elder Coleman and I were both able to participate in teaching and testifying of the importance of the sacrament. Elder Coleman is awesome at bringing the Spirit by sharing his personal experiences with the Savior's atonement. I really am learning a lot from him about how to open up to people and talk with them. That's something I need improvement in, and Elder Coleman is fantastic at it, so it works out well. 

We were also able to drive up to Kennewick to see Mike's baptism. Elder Brinkerhoff and Elder Malcolm and I taught Mike until Elder Malcolm and I were transferred to Hermiston. I taught him for about four months, and he was finally baptized on Saturday. It was so cool to see him finally ready to be baptized! I could tell that he was committed to following the example of the Savior.

The Church is true! But more importantly, Jesus Christ is our Savior. He really is. I've been thinking a lot about that. Jesus is real. And He loves us so much. I am so grateful for the many blessings that I have received, but it is just as rewarding to see how the Lord blesses all of His children. 

Elder Plehn




No comments:

Post a Comment